Author Topic: Is this the most moderate cycling forum?

Is this the most moderate cycling forum?
« on: February 22, 2013 »
TheFungle at PistonHeads writes:

My other favourite web cycling stop is road.cc, generally well written articles and a decent amount of updates, however I'm really starting to take issue with the 'militant' cyclist attitude it seems keen to promote. Quite an amount of stories on their main page are about yet another cyclist being injured or reporting on HGV accident statistics yet not once can I recall there being a 'ride safe' article. Over in the forum they are all a pretty decent bunch until anything suggesting cyclists may be at fault rears it head then the motor-vehicle hating really starts!

Obviously this forum being on PH is far more moderate in relation to motor transport but some of their attitudes make even the most anti-cyclist poster in GG look tame!

Is this the most moderate cycling forum?

If steam from the never-ending debate between motorists and cyclists could be harnessed, it would power a perpetual motion machine. Or as Steven Wright put it: "For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier. I put them in the same room and let them fight it out."

The Free Online Dictionary, which Agony Guy keeps on his desk between a dogeared yet strangely unopened copy of The Chicago Manual of Style and The Idiot's Guide to Twitter, defines the adjective 'moderate' as "Average in amount, intensity, quality or degree. Synonyms include temperate - medium - reasonable - modest - mild - sober."

Dedicated cyclists who frequent cycling forums which aren't folded into the boot of a car will be sputtering long before they reach 'sober', but as most people who can drive either do or aspire to it's likely true that views expressed on the PistonHeads Pedal Powered board do indeed represent the average view. Q.E.D.

Spotted at a Critical Mass, where motorists and cyclists come together for deep breathing exercises