Author Topic: Seduced by Darth Tubbycyclist have I been. (1)

librarian

A long time ago - in a mindset far far away...

[yoda (possibly slightly overdone)]

Tempted by the power, speed and comfort of the darkside was I. Across cyberspace I wandered, for the laid back transporters I searched and lusted after.

Then the Streetmachine I found and almost to the darkside perverted, my will was, saved only by the counselling of Princess SWMBO2

For years on the MTB side of the force have I lived - almost never my thoughts to the dark side turned.

But now, only one week before on a visit to the far side of the known universe3 Darth Tubbycyclist I met, riding a vision in yellow laid back recumbentness was he.

With a rush like the returning sickness of a spice addict on the planet Arrakis4 consumed by the dark side was I. In feverish haste to the Evil Empire of EBAY I turned, searching seemingly in vain for the machinery to slake my burning needs.5

Eventually an escape I found (link) , and for the end of the negotiations I waited. The instigation of a snipe I plotted, and this time even Princess SWMBO help me could not.

Disaster: Outbid have I been, and forever to be a wraith6 on the margins of the dark side is my fate.

*wailing fading to silence*

[/yoda]

1 Not in the biblical sense of course.
2 And a definite shortage of funds at the time.
3 Yorkshire
4 To mix in a metaphore from another interplanetary epic
5 ooerrr - Does Hummers frequent this forum?
6 Oh eck - now mixing in another epic!