Author Topic: anarchia companion thread

sam

anarchia companion thread
« on: August 22, 2007 »
Anarchia is a new board in DIY. This thread has been started here rather than there because there it would be assimilated by the weevil Borg and reinvent itself in about 10 minutes.

I've given everybody the ability to do practically anything to anybody else's post or thread, including modify or rename it.

If you'd like to discuss anarchia, and require the more traditional acf format, this is the place to do it.

Emilia

Re: anarchia companion thread
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007 »
*itches to climb into Sam's post and correct spelling mistake*

*but can't*

EDIT: Phew! :-)

tbenson

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007 »
After a brief, puzzled glance at some of the posts in 'anarchia' I felt quite lost.
They appear to refer to some aspect of popular culture of which i am ignorant.
Can anyone explain?
Or is it a case of, "if you have to ask the question, you ain't never going to understand the answer?

Flying_Monkey

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007 »
I think it's fun and should definitely stay, even if it flags for a while after the initial enthusiasm... it may produce nothing useful at all but who knows?

Emilia

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007 »
It's actually proving what I've always thought about anarchy - that it's all jolly for the first few hours/days/whatever, but ultimately gets rather boring and unsatisfying, because once you've run around having fun and looting other people's threads for a while, there's not really much more you can do. It's impossible to have a civilized conversation (which, I imagine is the point of anarchy).

What is interesting is watching how lab rats people react when you take away the rules. I think eventually they're going to move beyond my sporadic attempts at dictatorship and set up a new society.

[/idealist]

Frenchie

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007 »
Anyway usual turbulence data can only be sampled after satisfactory satistics have been obtained for them...

Flying_Monkey

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007 »
I think that in the long term it may also serve a very useful purpose for the rest of the forum in providing a place to let off steam and just do odd things.

Personally, I think it merely increases the idiosyncratic charm of ACF, and has finally confirmed this place as my favourite forum on the web, and makes me inclined not to bother wading through the idiocy on Cycle Chat so much... (I have been trying very hard but SimonL3 may well have been right after all - it's just not very intelligent over there).

It is increasing my desire to make surreal changes to the notices and signs where I work though...  ;-)

Please keep it, whatever it throws up.  :sick: :thumbsup:

Emilia

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007 »
I've said it before (to myself) and I'll say it again (in public): Sam is a genius.

:-)

Flying_Monkey

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007 »
I've said it before (to myself) and I'll say it again (in public): Sam is a genius.

:-)

I'm forced to admit you may be right

scott

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007 »
agreed... for an american

careful...the bastards are good at reading fine print....  ;-)

MikeJ

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007 »
I want to edt all the posts to make the readable, must resist!

I think that Anarchia is great fun, and its interesting to post and come back and find it has been totally vandalised

:eevil:

andygates

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007 »
Odd.  I love wikis, which are universally editable and Just Work; Anarchia Just Annoys.  Possibly because it's got no direction at all, whereas wiki articles each have one.  I'm clearly too old and flatulent for the "whee! freedom! weevils!" bit...

Flying_Monkey

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007 »
Of course it has no direction, that's the point! Wait until the enthusiasm wears off... something different may emerge in some chaos/complexity sense... or not. However I don't think Anarchia is supposed to be 'useful' in itself, which is the point of Wikis.

sam

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008 »
and on that note,

Every son of the den scherprechter of Antwerp, whose name was Geeraart, and he was little over twenty years old it was easy to understand why he zoo of the Men schrikte since the hatred and contempt persecuted him what happened to him now , made telkenmaal as a scherprechter is in a company of burgeren thirst begeven The unfortunate Geeraart arc verduldiglijk the head and bezag beer, which his kleederen leekte without a single! Wreeden word against his enemy to speak This was not at all from him hoonende scheldwoorden to throw, and finally cried at the waardinne "Behold, woman, tomorrow our company from here to den Sebastiaan we will move our money here no longer digest -- Thou maybe tomorrow we would be out of the van den executioner can drink! " "There! There lies the problem!" Cried the waardinne with distress and wrath, while they den steenen pot over land to documents threw "Can I do that this galgek