Author Topic: The Reverse Snowball Effect

sam

•  
The Reverse Snowball Effect
« on: May 25, 2008 »
The mothership has been in orbit since 2000, and will remain so until my own lights twinkle out or maybe longer, who knows. acf will glide alongside her for the duration of the voyage.

Clearly the changes I introduced have convinced most of the former passengers to jump ship, not including those who recently ate space – and I think that's about enough of that metaphor.

acf as was no longer exists. There is a photocopy of it out there, as I'm sure most of you are aware, where no doubt much of what previously went on here continues, me being as expendable to them as some of them must feel I showed they were to me.

acf as was was a compromise I could no longer abide. acf as is is as I post this (if you'll forgive the palindromic sentence construction) experiencing the "reverse snowball effect", which I first discussed ages ago when making observations about the Freewheeling forum which preceded this one.

"This is a low-pressure atmosphere, which is the way I like it. People are free to come and go as they please, post or not as they please. When the spirit moves them, they'll hit that button. Until then, no force on earth is strong enough to induce them."

Nevertheless, it's frustrating to watch people visit and not contribute. (I can picture some at their keyboards, shaking their head, thinking about reaping what one sows.) Really, what can I say that I haven't said before? At the top of the forum are the words "It's not about the postcount". It is, however, about everyone doing their bit to help keep acf interesting for everyone else.