Author Topic: Time for 100km rides to have 1 point

librarian

Time for 100km rides to have 1 point
« on: October 13, 2007 »
OK, how about this:

1) 100km is a long cycle ride.  Well done Annie, well done me and well done anyone else who has pedalled a bike for up to 8 hours.  

Everyone who as done a 100km ride can immediately award themselves 1 Gold Freddered Point for each one.

Anyone not convinced 100km is a long cycle ride just needs to ask everyone in the office what their maximum cycle ride distance is or whether they've exercised for up to 8 hours hours continually.  Most will think it's superhuman.

2) Audax Rules say you don't get points for 100km rides.  
If those are the rules then I'm OK to go along with it.  

3) There is no problem with people collecting points or trying for quicker times unless they start waving their results in my face to prove how much better they are than me (This has never happened and I can't see why it would happen, these types usually 'compete' against like-minded friends)

I can't think of anything else really.  I'll continue in AUK enjoying my rides and using it as a personal challenge rather than a competetion.  The rules were there before I joined and I signed-up to those rules.

MOST IMPORTANTLY OF ALL...let's never belittle the achievements of any riders (I'm also sure this would never be a deliberate aim of anyone on this forum), one person's pre-breakfast training ride can be another person's life-time achievment.

Where do we get the Gold Freddered badges?

Here...