Author Topic: Kinda sad, Kinda happy really...

librarian

Kinda sad, Kinda happy really...
« on: September 21, 2006 »
It's amazing how cycle commuting changes the whole shape of a year. Out in the world of cage-commuting, the year undoubtedly starts when the Christmas Visa bill hits the doormat. Just after the New Year's hangover has subsided and you've finally managed to get the girl from Accounts to stop threatening to call your wife.

Whereas my year has just finished. The new one starts tomorrow. How so?  Well, I've just put the battery for my big bikelight on charge for the first time since I last wore tights and thick gloves. Pretty soon I'll be eating porridge in the mornings again, rather than muesli.

So what if I've not put in the miles and lost the weight I vowed to, way back in March? I'm no heavier. My kids are older, and I've spent plenty time down the park, kicking footballs in the sunshine. Those times aren't coming back, you know. And thanks to cycle commuting, I've managed to spend that time in the park, rather than in a gym somewhere, hoping not to see the girl from Accounts.

Bring on the cold, I say. And the dark. ;D 8) Just keep the wind gentle this winter. Just once, please?