Author Topic: you lookin' at me?

sam

•  
you lookin' at me?
« on: April 11, 2008 »
This past week I had a brief encounter with a cabbie, having allowed my bike to kiss his taxi. Turning, I could see the scowl rapidly forming behind the windshield. I stopped and returned the favour, uncharacteristically. He got out. I waited. He rounded the car and scanned for damage. There was none, thanks to the fact that my bar ends were carbon fibre, which I pointed out to him. The situation defused rapidly and we both laughed over it. A few seconds later he came close to nudging me, rolled down his window, and said with a smile "Now it's my turn to bump you." I suppose some people might find that intimidating, but it's hard to when I spend so much time in cozy proximity with all those full metal jackets.

Not the cabbie in question. This one was waiting on a critical mess

sam

•  
you lookin' at me?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011 »
While it's good that an escapee from EastEnders whose ankle bracelet should have started buzzing as soon as he left Albert Square got nicked, unfortunately it came with the further CCTVification of the nation, freelance mobile division.

Zen riders don't need helmetcams.

Then again, maybe I'm just afraid of winding up on a Silly Cyclist compilation, with the filmmaker gasping What are you doing?!