Author Topic: Rules. Who needs 'em.

sam

•  
Rules. Who needs 'em.
« on: September 09, 2005 »
I know what it's like. You find a new forum and sometimes you just want to post, not read a fugging* novel. It would be nice if we didn't have any rules, but real life and its internet equivalent never seem to work that way. The only truly important rule is the golden one: post unto others as you would have them post unto you. This of course assumes that you value cordiality.

acf has no more actual rules than do lots of other forums. It just has some different ones. Because this is a different place. You don't need to be a lawyer to understand the registration agreement. Threads aren't policed for going off topic. A net nanny doesn't pepper choice bits of your vocabulary with *sterisks. I have spent a lot of time explaining myself, even about little things like why topics get moved. The general level of administrative accountability has been high. All of which leads to this sincere request: please reward my care and attention with your own.

I have done my best to balance your right of free speech with my desire to host a forum worth exercising it.

* Copyright Norman Mailer. Fans of Battlestar Galactica may prefer 'frakking'.