Author Topic: you sexy thing

sam

you sexy thing
« on: January 20, 2008 »

Whilst riding, I often find my thumbs caressing these Equipe bar ends; they're pleasingly shaped and satiny smooth.

sam

you sexy thing
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008 »
Mmmmm, downtube shifters. More tactile pleasure.

sam

•  
you sexy thing
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008 »
I don't have a rubber fetish (too bad, as it cleans so easily), but have lately been enjoying these run-of-the-mill Tektro brakes. Sublimely simple: all they do is make you stop.

sam

•  
you sexy thing
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009 »

Cannondale curviness.

Have I been objectifying bicycles by concentrating on their parts?

sam

•  
you sexy thing
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009 »

Unchain my heart

sam

•  
you sexy thing
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009 »

Toeclips. The love that dare not speak its name

sam

•  
you sexy thing
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010 »

A reward for cycling: more endorphins

we'll have no Flake envy here

sam

•  
you sexy thing
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010 »
Low spoke count wheels do it for me.

Unfortunately this one is pretty far gone. It provided an excuse to have a new wheel built with this:

which the wheelbuilder fain swooned over

sam

•  
you sexy thing
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010 »

Slips nicely into a saddlebag. Replaces this in mine. What's so sexy about it?

That's 24mm f/2.0 on the wide end. Fortunately the lens is coated to resist condensation from heavy breathing. And there's a cupholder hotshoe to hold my viewfinder, which qualifies for sexy thing status on its own.

Yes, I know there's a new model out, the LX5. The company was clearly so excited they got the count mixed up. This one will do me fine.

sam

•  
you sexy thing
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011 »

Lovely RD2 matte black crankiness. Ordered from Japan as I couldn't find one here. The VeloSolo ring isn't bad either, though the unfortunately glossy finish scratches easily. To be attached using exorbitantly priced chainring bolts from Tokyo Fixed in London. Or perhaps the Force can keep them together, as in the photo.

Meanwhile in a galaxy far away, a brave little robot is tasked with contacting Godzilla to forge an alliance against the Galactic Empire, which controls the sale and distribution of all black bicycle parts, well known for making bikes go faster to evade the imperial fleet.

sam

•  
you sexy thing
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011 »

Another black is beautiful moment. Handlebars and stem painted to make them easier on the eyes. Would've done this with the Sugino cranks above, but the silky finish is too nice.

I'll never understand why parts have to be tattooed with adverts: sooo unsexy. I've stripped away about as much as I could.

sam

•  
you sexy thing
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012 »
Unexpectedly (for me at least) harmonious marriage of titanium* frame and old-fashioned headset, spotted on a fetish thread:

* The carbon rear triangle would've had me unable to hold my peace at that wedding ceremony.