Author Topic: Stay-at-homers

librarian

Stay-at-homers
« on: August 18, 2007 »
Any other stay-at-home partners out there?  What are you planning for the week? 

Having spent the past year watching in awe as jwo's calf muscles have swelled to frankly intimidating proportions; nobly polishing off squished slices of malt loaf that have enjoyed tours of our beautiful countryside in a Carradice saddlebag; and gently applying cream to uncomfortable chafings (actually, he only let me do that once), I felt duty bound to wave jwo and assorted other faintly terrified looking men with large calf muscles (and one woman) off from Victoria today.

I had initially planned to follow this up by tracking jwo's every move on the web.  But felt, on reflection, that a greater degree of solidarity was required.  So tomorrow will find me too travelling across the channel to France.  Admittedly my destination is some several hundred kilometres south of the PBP route, but the ACF gang seem to be doing a such good job of looking after each other, I thought it best to leave the hands-on support to them.  I will be there in spirit, at least until the going gets tough.  Then I'll go and sit by the pool.