Author Topic: Breakage

Breakage
« on: October 14, 2023 »

The sad tale of Jonny, told in 3 links:

No, Jonny. One dystopian future at a time, please.

Jonny Dennis - 1.22
Alice Sullivan - .58
Jonny playing Twister

Legal Feminist again:
You can’t defend irrational beliefs with reason. By and large genderists don’t try: instead, their strategy has been to attempt to leapfrog over the usual campaigning, lobbying, arguing, persuading phases of bringing about profound cultural and legal change, and to pretend instead that the desired outcome is already accepted by all right-thinking people – and to silence dissent by visiting dire consequences on anyone who questions that claim. That, I believe, is the whole reason for the vitriol and toxicity that surrounds this subject. Anyone who points out the absurdity of propositions like “some women have penises” must be howled down as a bigot, shamed, no-platformed, hounded from her job, kicked off her course, etc. That way, any doubter who lacks an appetite for martyrdom will be persuaded to steer clear of the whole debate – and insist if pressed that this subject is all too complicated and toxic, and they simply haven’t found the time or head-space to form a view.

The more insidious part of the strategy is the first part: the pretence that the contentious propositions that form genderist beliefs are already accepted without question by all educated, right-thinking people. Genderists make determined efforts to weave their claims seamlessly into our language and the fabric of our workplace culture, with the aim of converting contentious claims into the kind of tacit knowledge that doesn’t even need to be stated or formulated...

The mechanism by which pronouns are supposed to make the workplace more open and inclusive is that they demonstrate your support of genderist beliefs, but without requiring you to say anything explicit. They bolster and entrench the idea that gender identity is more important than sex, while maintaining the appearance of a trivial, harmless courtesy.

My son thinks he's trans but I really don't
Quote from: Lolapusht
The absolutely horrendous thing about transing children/teens is that the thing they think is the answer to all their problems is ultimately a lie. Once they’ve left their online supportive friends and go outside, they are going to come smashing into the fact that no-one can change sex and the wider public are going to see a man. They then have to deal with the constant feelings of inadequacy because they’re still not the opposite sex. They’ve been sold a lie because the only way being trans works is by having everyone else believe that you’re the opposite sex and they just don’t.

The only way being trans works is by having everyone else believe that you’re the opposite sex and they just don’t.

Senseless
I attended the [Melbourne] Let Women Speak event in March, and I left badly concussed after three trans rights activists stormed the stage. A brawl was sparked by this intrusion as they fought with security and attendees. I was not involved in this, but as a bystander, I was knocked to the ground, and my head struck the pavement.

I was unresponsive for ten minutes, drifted in and out of consciousness for half an hour, and I had to be carried from the scene. An ambulance was called, and I was later assessed at hospital. The impact of this injury has been profound. The pain and the effect on my cognition was horrible. Recovery took a matter of months.

In the weeks afterwards, I struggled to do many normal things, finding it difficult to form words and sentences at times, forgetting how to do and remember simple things. Concussions can be quite serious, and the trauma has been regrettable but preventable. I accept my injury was not likely intended by those activists.

However, had they simply let women speak, it would never have occurred.