~ > Freewheeling

(1/1)

sam:
I was going to call this '10 Posts to Read Before You Die', taking my cue from the cottage industry of books making bold claims on whatever time you have left, but that seems impertinent. '10 Best Posts' might prove devastating as, having sampled the first, perhaps to find it wanting, you make the executive decision to skip the rest. So let's just stick with '10', shall we? A carefully curated selection of what I hope you won't miss while you're here (or there, which if you look at the URL, is also here).

You're still here, right?

A Freewheeling Manifesto
Freewheeling... requires a continuous series of decisions to do something rather than nothing, else progress eventually ceases. Not only is it very philosophical, it's far more zen than fixed could ever hope to be.

THE BRIDGE | EMPTY FRIDGE
"Aga Räyburn, Metropolitan Police Service," said his observer by way of introduction. From her cool mien, Martin doubted that she got waylaid by many tourists. She continued: "As the victim lies precisely on the border of the jurisdictions of north of the river and south of the river, we will be working together on this."

The Joy of Cycling
Of course it's not all about the bike, though a cyclist without wheels is, plainly, a pedestrian. We ride bikes because that's the way we roll, in perpetual pursuit of that place where DIY intersects with the sublime and finding it often enough to make it worth the thorns in our path. Quite simply, moving helps us feel the earth move.

Ride Approval Form
To further domestic tranquility.

The Parable of the Hill
At the top there sat a very old man. He looked at me and asked "Why do you come?" I said, "I have come to understand hills." He said, "Only after ten years can you begin to understand hills."

Wen to Wen
By far the most dinosaury thing I have ever seen was in the unlikely setting of a backyard in suburban Bielefeld, Northern Germany, where a friend’s father kept Modern English Game Chickens. These rangy, belligerent mofos could jump from a standing start onto stuff Danny MacAskill would flunk – the only thing stopping them eating you is that they’re about a foot tall.

The Bike 4 U
I am confident within an acceptable margin of error that certain personalities are attracted to certain bicycles.

Iowa: No Man's Land
• Travel in packs.
• Bear arms aggressively.
• Huddle for warmth.
• Leave the weakest behind; not only will they slow you down, they will attract hunters eager for further attacks probing your pack's soft underbelly.

A limo, 6 lesbians and a liquor store
I work for a company based in deepest Mormon Utah...
There are a whole raft of religious convictions that I am not sufficiently au fait with to fairly dissect. Sufficient to say that there are a great many church based meetings, societies, functions and other intercourses that consume many evenings and much of the weekends. This can be rather surprising to the unwitting visitor who can find the streets as empty as an alien abduction movie at certain times of the week.

Collateral Damage
I get this impression of quiet competence around me, civilians drafted into temporary duty until the proper authorities take over. A man has been directing traffic, allowing cars to slowly pass. Soon the police get here and everything stops. Time itself seems to stop.

My Critical Mass
"No! You can go your own way!" he barked, entirely unaware he was covering Fleetwood Mac. At this he promptly toppled into a small stack of heuristic literature. The bookseller was beside himself; I compensated for his damages from my purse, considering it a savings on the bail I would've unfortunately felt compelled to supply otherwise.

Call it a baker’s 10.

допотопный
This is admin, so it doesn't count.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version