Author Topic: mm-mm-mm

Breaking news
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2021 »

Humbug

• London's hard-boiled black'n'white sweetie
Re: mm-mm-mm
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2021 »
Well Chompsky yer lookin well. All this paparazzi business is not disturbin yer composure then.

I am not actcherly a creatcher ov the Twitter-sphere meself but I do like ter keep up wiv the news media an I must say I fink that BoJo geezer as got a right cheek tryin ter get in on the bunny bandwagon, even if he did need sum new carpets.

My P.A. as bin doin sum research, an she says apparently it is a good idea ter av a poll becos if yer do this peeps will a) feel more closely involved wiv yer web persona, an b) buy more stuff. Now I am not sellin stuff at the moment but I notice from this video wotsit that rab stuff is rarver trendy.

https://hypebeast.com/2021/4/pop-trading-company-converse-cons-miffy-jack-purcell-pro-release-info

So praps they av already bought the stuff an are now lookin fer sum serious rab internet content ter make em feel better now they are skint. I dunno. Anyway, seize the moment mate!

Yer sort ov pre-empted me own thoughts on the reader engagement angle, an I av decided ter open up ter the public ter choose me next essay topic innit. I will give it sum time ter germinate.

VOTE NOW!

Hello world
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2021 »
Not many balloons outside my window lately. (Those sneakers would be highly unsustainable if they landed anywhere near me.) There's still a parade of life.

I was born today. How was your day?

Just how many mums do I have?

What did I tell you about gambolling up to strangers?

Seen it all
[close]

Why do I get the feeling one of these is going to go missing?

Humbug

« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2021 »
Well, today is Mayday, day ov the international workers an day ov the spring pole dancers an all that green man stuff so I am not very surprised that Pollyticks is the subjec that has won the reader's hearts today.

Fanks very much ter all ov yer fer participatin direckly in this democratic exercise an I ope yer won't be too disappointed innit if yer missed the deadline.

Humbug

« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2021 »
Guest post from     
Humbug – the radical rabbit
The Beginner Bun’s Guide ter Pollyticks

No - this is not fleas on yer parrot! 

Pollyticks is wot pollytisherns like ter do.

There are menny different pollytisherns you can find  in the wild world.  Ere is a brief guide to elp you identificate a few of the majer species an their business. There are meeny miny uvver types ov pollytisherns too, but we av only got room ere fer some ov the majer types becos this is the internet innit.  We ope you will get some idea ov wot you are lookin at if you are lucky enough ter spot one ov these amazing creatchers.

1.  The bog standard Tory

This one can be recondised becos it leans ter the right. It lives in a big ole but likes ter build fings called 'luxury partments', especially near water. It likes ter drink wiv its mates but only if they av deep pockets ov silky fluff an a big wod. It as a blue bum.

2. The genuine leftie

This is an endangered species, so please don't poke it wiv a stick. It is liable to get stains all over yer posh carpet if yer let it get in the ouse. It as big eyes an a small belly.

3. The bandwaggin leftie

This is actcherly not a leftie at all but a completely different species, related ter the Tory. It as a much bigger belly than the genuine leftie an that is how you can tell wot it is. It is a good mimic but it is still too fat becos it likes ter wiggle about in the 'luxury partments' an eat bits ov scraps.

4. The 'middle ov the road' hybrid

This is not really a species at all, but it is probly the most common pollytishern nowerdays becos it likes ter get about a bit an it will av it off wiv anyfing at all. It may or may not av a blue bum but its pockets are rarver shallow, so its little wod sticks out and looks a wee bit bigger. It gets its common name from its habit ov lyin down an gettin run over.

5. The sudo-viridian

This type is too clevver ter bovver wiv climbin trees an diggin oles. It likes ter find a safe spot left over from annuvver creatcher an there it will sing its speshial song an make signs in the mud and then cuvver itself wiv the mud so it looks a bit more brown.

Try not ter be frightened ov these little erberts! They are mostly a bit ugly but it is probly best not ter turn yer back on em.

« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2021 »
Well, today is Mayday, day ov the international workers an day ov the spring pole dancers an all that green man stuff so I am not very surprised that Pollyticks is the subjec that has won the reader's hearts today.

My belly always votes green.

I sometimes listen to pollytisherns on the wireless,* but they almost inevitably tire me out so much I have to go have a lie down.

* What's wrong with wires? They're so moreish!

Humbug

« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2021 »
Oh blimey Chompsky I am sorry if I freaked yer out by touchin on this topic but I felt duty bound ter respec the voters innit. Also it is possible that religion would also do yer nut in but praps not in such an up-front style.

Funnily enuff we wos sort ov listnin ter 'Any Questions' on the radio when that bit wos on but the P.A. actcherly managed ter miss it becos ov goin out in the garden fer sum leafs. She says fanks fer the synopsis.

There av bin 2 wimmin in me life an I'd say both ov em wos a deft hand wiv a brush, but this is probly becos I got fur-plucked today.

« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2021 »
A lot of things in the world alarm me, but your style isn’t one of them, Humbug.

Late last night I dug these out of the scrapbook:

We agreed to disagree. It was all very civilised. For the record, he's the one who requested the audience.

A number of years ago in London. The man is lifting the tape for me, how nice.

Funny I don't remember this. Sometimes I wonder about what comes out of that computer.

About halfway through the interview Lance tried to pick me up to soften his image.

Mark Rylance. Great actor, but it was my job to chew the scenery.

Humbug

« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2021 »
You av bin gettin about a bit innit Chompsky an mixin wiv the stars, not ter mention leanin ter the left. I won't say I am envious tho becos I am actcherly comftable enuff at home really an also I am a bit camera shy.

I dunno if I will actcherly write about religion next, even though I av done the legwork on it. Praps we should av a bit ov light relief first. This mite mean a slight delay becos the P.A. is workin ter rule, as is the operatin system an the computer.

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2021 »
leanin ter the left

And now the right. It's magic!

[Housemate here: he's never taken the slightest interest in his reflection]