Author Topic: mm-mm-mm

Humbug

• London's hard-boiled black'n'white sweetie
Re: mm-mm-mm
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2021 »
Yo Chompsky!

Well it is good ter see fings from both sides innit.

I ope yer not on tenterhooks fer me next article becos the uvver computer is up the duff. First it wos toofpurrin but now it is deffo grindin in angry mode, so most ov me stuff is a bit hard ter get hold ov right now, an we av got no sound drivers eivver. Praps I will av ter come up wiv sumfing else off the beaten track!

Humbug

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2021 »
This computer is not an happy computer. It is a good computer when it's got XP on it but when it's got Windows 7 it goes a bit funny. The P.A. used ter like tinkerin wiv computers but she as decided not ter bovver these days becos life is worth livin.

« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2021 »

Humbug

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2021 »
Well, that wos nice ov yer ter post sum nice pictchers an a vid wiv subtitles Chomps becos we are still technologically challinged in the sound department.

Praps we could use one ov these -

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2021 »

Humbug

« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2021 »
Allo! ALLO! I am back.

In case yer thought I wos goin ter featcher the sitcom genre ov tellyvisual art next I am sorry ter disappoint - but all is not lost. Faced wiv the inscrutability ov the interweb audio-visuals, we av taken refuge in the archives ov the P.A.'s brain!

So ere, at long last, by popular aclaim, is my next bit ov textural infro-tainment...

Humbug

« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2021 »
Guest post by
Humbug - the radical rabbit
Famous Footballers ov the 20th Century

Ov course rabs can play football, or 'soccer' as the yankee peeps kno it. We av developed styles based on our fizzical attributes wiv eclectic moves like the nose-bonk wot come more natcherally ter the rab. Owever, the modern professional game as limited scope fer the sheer individural flairs. Also the bootiful game as now become very soccernomicical wiv bigger bucks an longer shorts.

Ere are sum classic footballers yer may like ter remember wiv affection fer their artistry an impacts an ov course their hairstyles.

1. George Best

This footballer played fer Man U but he wos a Beatle's fan an he ad long hair an a hairy chest. Bestie wos a genius. An amazin dribbler, he wos also a heavy drinker wot wos his downfall in the end but it wos fun at the time. Peeps forget how he wos truly great becos he wos born in Belfast an he never got ter do dancin lessons in the World Cup. He got kicked about an fed up an then he went ter L.A. an hung out wiv his mates. He also played fer the Hibs ov Easter Road an who can blame him.

2. Diego Maradona

This wos the player wiv the radical hand ov god who wos born in poor Buenos Aires an wos annuvver boy genius an a bit curly. When he went ter Barcelona wiv big spondooliks fings got too much fer im so he went ter Napoli an made em win the league even tho they wos skint. He got the World Cup but he got his knee kicked in an all wiv a lot ov aggro an sum coke. Even tho he wos a playboy, el Diego luvved his mum an dad an his wife an kids very much an he luvved Argentina much more than Eva Peron an vice versa.

3. Paul Gascgoine

Gazza wos a breezy lad from Newcastle who became the star ov the Ingerlan team who were a bit crap wivout him an even wiv im becos they didn't gel. He wos very good but he wos more follicly challinged than Bestie or El Diego an I fink it broke is heart.

4. Hope Powell

When FIFA said she wos too big ter play wiv the boys Hope went ter join the Lionesses ov Millwall who sing 'No-one likes us, we don't care' but she scraped her hair back neat an tidy anyway. Then she played fer Brighton by the seaside an fer Ingerlan. As the Ingerlan women's team manager she was a champion ov women's football, but not ov the World Cup. It wos a shame when she got the sack becos the team wos even more crap wivvout her.

5. Carlos Valderama

Now that wos a barnet! Sorry mate I kno you av bin brilliant an all that but if yer bleached yer hair fer it ter stick out from the crowd then that wos a success.

6. Rene Higuita

Like a rush goalie on the 11-a-side pitch an yer could never get away wiv it now even if yer did give us Loco's Law ov the back pass. Annuvver nice barnet but natcheral colour.

7. Ruud Gullit

When he wos doin the total football in the orange strip ov the Nevverlands Ruudi ad dreads, wiv a fringe. Then the dreads got dinkier an by the time he wos Chelsea manager fer a bit they ad gorn off.

Today's football is still graced wiv notable sculpted hair but sadly in my hopinion yer angora style seems ter be out ov fashion.

Awright, don't tell me, I kno that I av missed out Pele. This is not becos ov short hair it is becos my research assistant says she wos too young ter see im play believe it or not.

« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2021 »
Excellent! I haven't a clue about football or soccer, though some of those names ring a bell.

Speaking of hair, here's someone playing for the Cleveland Browns, from my home state, with lots of it:

From the land of lochs

Humbug

« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2021 »
Hmm, I see from yer link that bloke fancies a mullet. The mullet is not my idea ov a good look eivver in sports or in general, not even in Scotland. A perm would be less risible.

« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2021 »
For the uninitiated, they are the science-fiction Stooges, an alternative reality radiation-mutated Talking Heads playing the folk music of the open American interstate highways and post-industrial wastelands.

Would you share that take on them? I am of the uninitiated. I figured fellow Ohio boy Don Howland would've been a fan, and sure enough. (His is the only avant-garage name I can drop; we worked together at a bookshop in NYC a long time ago.)

Bonus points for the Alfred Jarry connection.