Author Topic: mm-mm-mm

Re: mm-mm-mm
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2021 »
For the uninitiated, they are the science-fiction Stooges, an alternative reality radiation-mutated Talking Heads playing the folk music of the open American interstate highways and post-industrial wastelands.

Would you share that take on them? I am of the uninitiated. I figured fellow Ohio boy Don Howland would've been a fan, and sure enough. (His is the only avant-garage name I can drop; we worked together at a bookshop in NYC a long time ago.)

Bonus points for the Alfred Jarry connection.

Humbug

• London's hard-boiled black'n'white sweetie
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2021 »
Pere Ubu wos around before Talkin Heads we reckon. Also there wos no such fing as avant-garage, 'til after the garage, wot don't count if you wos before the garage innit. Alan Ravenstine wos brilliant an so wos Tony Maimone. Cannot be the same band wivout em. The 2 early singles wot became n e.p. 'Datapanik in the Year Zero' wos brilliant an 'Dub Housing' is deffo the best album.

folk music of the open American interstate highways and post-industrial wastelands
is sort ov about it, the P.A. agrees. David Thomas is a nutter. I prefer the reggie music meself.

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2021 »
I wonder what kind of music Chompsky prefers, or doesn't. I know he likes being sung to.

Humbug

• London's hard-boiled black'n'white sweetie
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2021 »
Hay - I like the singin too!

I wos listenin ter Mosi Conde playin the Cora yesterday.

This vid cuts off wiv a glitch at 4 minutes  45secs in becos the uploaders did not check it - it is still luvverly tho.

« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2021 »
Have been seeing more of Chompsky's wild cousins about, which is a joy. This guy was spotted outside my office window a couple couple years ago. I call this photo essay Dead End.

sometimes you have to pull yourself out of one

Hare today
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2021 »
Housemate came back with considerably less than he left home with. I'll never understand how he could hear anything.

No after pictures have been approved for publication.

In other news, Finders Keepers remains the law of the garden. Trust me, little one, that acorn wasn't going to be to your taste anyway.

I spy with my big eye

not one but two

make that three newbies.

Actually there are five at last count, though try rustling them all together for a group photo.

I wish you all the luck in your new world.

clickit

Clearly our patch is zoned for hoppers.
[close]