Author Topic: The Slaughtered Lamb

The Slaughtered Lamb
« Reply #240 on: July 22, 2021 »

The Slaughtered Lamb
« Reply #241 on: July 26, 2021 »
O wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in't.

It's poetry night, right?

The Slaughtered Lamb
« Reply #242 on: July 26, 2021 »
No, we're doing readings from BrainyQuote.

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."

I got a million of 'em.

The Slaughtered Lamb
« Reply #243 on: July 26, 2021 »
"Today millions of people are living who will never do it again. Millions are being born for the first time–-and millions are doing nothing because it’s the best offer they’ve had this week. It is for these people and many others that the Surprise Party is conceived and desecrated, founded upon the principle that everybody is just as good as anybody else, even though they aren’t quite so smart."

From my book How to Become President. The BrainyQuote people didn't like that one for some reason.

Re: The Slaughtered Lamb
« Reply #244 on: July 29, 2021 »
You'd get my vote.

« Reply #245 on: August 01, 2021 »

« Reply #246 on: August 01, 2021 »
I like that, turn it up.

The Slaughtered Lamb
« Reply #247 on: August 03, 2021 »
Breathless, we flung us on a windy hill, laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass. Which is high, it needs cutting.

The Slaughtered Lamb
« Reply #248 on: August 05, 2021 »
"Buzz whined so much about not going first that I agreed to a game of rock paper scissors just to shut him up. The thing is, he *always* chose rock. He was very predictable that way. Paper won, as it must, and the rest is history."

NASA archives

The Slaughtered Lamb
« Reply #249 on: August 26, 2021 »
I've known a few rock people in my time, so eager to smash scissors and forever shocked anyone would choose paper - or indeed, that anything beat rock. You'd see them in the break room practicing, both hands rocks, bashing one fist against the other in frustration.