Author Topic: Gender ideology

sam

Gender ideology
« on: October 31, 2022 »
Quote from: memesphere
Let's see what those evil TERFs are saying.
Aaaand I'm one of them.

The second gender war - Maya Forstater
The dark heart of what we are being pressured not to talk about, is how gender ideology dismantles safeguarding norms, the systems set up to stop organisations from becoming enablers of child abuse. Don’t keep secrets with children, respect boundaries, allow people to speak up, don’t punish whistleblowers. Recognise the risk that men pose to women and children: 98 per cent of convictions for sexual assault are against men. Gender ideology overturns all this and forces people to pretend that sex doesn’t matter, and must be overruled by self-identified gender. Even in spaces where women and girls are undressing, even in sporting competitions where we know that males have an unassailable advantage, even in contact sports where it is not only fairness but safety that is at stake. Even when it comes to recording the sex of a rapist, or deciding whether he can be put in a woman’s prison. Even when it comes to whether women who have been raped or subject to years of domestic violence can be allowed to recover in a female-only space.

Gender ideology corrupts all of these systems and makes them seem more complex than they are, by making the simple words man/woman, male/female, he/she fraught and apparently difficult to define. How much fairness and safety for women, children and vulnerable people should be traded off to meet the deeply-felt desire of some men to be treated as if they were female?

How about — none.

The document that reveals the remarkable tactics of trans lobbyists - James Kirkup [archived]
A major international law firm has helped write a lobbying manual for people who want to change the law to prevent parents having the final say about significant changes in the status of their own children. That manual advises those lobbying for that change to hide their plans behind a ‘veil’ and to make sure that neither the media nor the wider public know much about the changes affecting children that they are seeking to make. Because if the public find out about those changes, they might well object to them.

Please can someone explain like I'm 5 - OhSister
And as all this becomes clear to you, it's infuriating, and frustrating, and also disorienting and upsetting, because so much culturally and politically is divided as if between two teams, and you've always been team 'progressive' but now that you see how wrong they have got this particular issue, you can't unsee it. See also Break it down for me?

Why I became trans - Debbie Hayton
Transsexuals — and other gender non-conforming people — do not need to invent an innate gender identity to understand ourselves.

Quote from: apocryphal Atwood
Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.

sam

Gender ideology
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022 »

Thank you memesphere may I have another. (About half of these are clickable btw.)

Nice one Richard.

* Not sure why that rates an asterisk, but I agree it's a dealbreaker.

Updated Marcus Aurelius, in a homemade meme:
The object is not to be inclusive, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the incoherent.

Nothing to do with this subject. I just thought it was funny.

Emily Hahn

• a bad girl
Triggernometry
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023 »
"An hour long video?!" you'll say if you click on Helen Joyce. "Who's got time for that?" Trust me, it'll fly by.

Quote from: CryMeARiver
She could be doing literally anything else in the world, but she's doing this thankless job, and doing it with compassion and integrity. We're so lucky to have her on this side of the debate.

If you've got another hour to spare, watch Vivian Belli's debunking of John Oliver. I'll drop you here and you can make your way back to the beginning.

Clarify your dating options
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2023 »
Looking for love?

Yes
Do your potential partner's genitals matter to you?

Yes
You could be a hateful bigot. Kindly check yourself into the nearest re-education camp.

But I'm not a hateful bigot
Very well. Your menu options:

Penis
PENIS penis
Congratulations, you're a heterosexual female or a gay male. Good luck.
[close]
Lady penis
Congratulations, you're a gay male or a heterosexual female. Good luck.
[close]
[close]
Vagina
Vagina as evolved by Mother Nature
Congratulations, you're a heterosexual male or a lesbian. Good luck.
[close]
Surgical hole in which to stick a penis or other anatomy
Congratulations, you've found another hole.
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
No
Congratulations, you're bisexual. You have a very large dating pool.
[close]
[close]
No
Come back if the situation changes.
[close]

The zipless f*ck
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023 »
It's not too late to join us on the right side of history.

* 'Zipless fuck' was coined by Erica Jong in her 1973 novel Fear of Flying. The NZ media fucked Kellie-Jay Keen. Coming up with these titles is why I get paid the big bucks.

As for Virginia Minor,
She is best remembered as the plaintiff in Minor v. Happersett, an 1875 United States Supreme Court case in which [she] unsuccessfully argued that the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution gave women the right to vote.

sam

Start 'em young
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2024 »
The Transgender Family Handbook
Quote from: New York magazine
144 specific suggestions, from trans young people and their loved ones, that parents may find helpful.

Your body is you. HTH.

sam

Sign of the times
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2024 »
In U.S. Gender Medicine, Ideology Eclipses Science. It Hurts Kids.
Excellent piece by Pamela Paul unexpectedly lands in The New York Times.

https://twitter.com/Psychgirl211/status/1811875403507859580
I still can't get my head around the fact that adults who all successfully negotiated puberty and whose health and cognitions are intact, are using their professional skills and training to deny vulnerable children the right to make a smooth, non-medicalised transition into adulthood

That they are actively campaigning for the right to stop children from growing up, as children have been doing for 300,000 years, since we became modern humans.